Prep time: 5 minutes
Soaking Time: 1-12 hours
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 people
Pinch of sea salt
2 cups water
1 cup brown rice
1. Presoak and rinse rice
2. Add water and salt to a pot and bring to a boil.
3. Add rice. Cover and reduce heat to low.
4. Simmer for 50 minutes if it is short grain, and 35 minutes if it is long grain.
5. When done, pull from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
6. Fluff rice with fork before serving.
For extra fluffy rice, heat water to a boil. Then put the rinsed grains in a dry skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until the grains are dry. Add hot dry rice to boiling water, add salt and continue cooking