By: Shannon Beeghley, LPN, NS, CHHC
4-6 medium size Honey Crisp apples
Peel, core and quarter apples. Place in a small saucepan with a couple inches of water. Cover with a lid.
Steam the apples until soft and slightly mushy, stirring occasionally. You may need to add water if it is absorbed before apples are soft enough.
Take a potato masher and mash up the apples into sauce. It should be thick and a little chunky. If you like it more smooth, blend on low with hand held electric blender. Add a little cinnamon, if desired. No added sugar is needed as the apples are sweet enough!
1 (15oz) can of mandarin oranges
1 (20oz) can of pineapple tidbits
1/8 cup purple onion, chopped finely
1/4 – 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped finely
Drain the juice from the pineapple and oranges. (Reserve it for your breakfast juice). 🙂 Put oranges, pineapple, onion and cilantro into a small bowl and mix together. Eat by itself or serve with chips.
YUM! (I just ate some right before posting this!) 😀
I do not remember where I got this recipe, but did not create it, so cannot take the credit for such yumminess! 🙂 Add as much or less of onion and cilantro as your taste perfers. I typically do not measure but put the above for those who like something to go off of. 🙂
- 3 celery ribs (chopped fine)
- 2 red delicious apples (peeled and cut into small chunks)
- 1 golden delicious apple (peeled and cut into small chunks)
- 1 pear (peeled and cut into small chunks)
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of one orange
- ¼ cup dates (chopped)
- ½ cup pecans (chopped)
After preparing the first four ingredients, add dates and half of the pecans, and pour half of the lemon/orange juice over the celery, apples, pear, dates and pecans, stir to coat, and set aside while preparing the dressing . Make dressing by combining the other half of the pecans with the reserved lemon/orange juice and puree into a nut butter sauce. Add puree to the salad and stir to blend flavors. Serve on a bed of leaf lettuce.
Hello everyone! I am thankful to each of you for your support of this blog. I do have some new people following, so I want to welcome you and thank you for joining me on this journey for optimal health. 🙂
The mission of Mannafold Blessings in Health is to redefine health and wellness by specializing in women’s health and targeting depression, anxiety, stress and unhealthy emotions.
As a client of my Health Coaching program, you will…
- set and accomplish goals in a way that is empowering and exciting
- improve your personal relationships
- learn how to choose positive words instead of negative
- learn about new foods and how you can easily incorporate them
- work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- understand and reduce your cravings
- increase your energy levels
- feel great in your body
- discover the confidence to create the life you want
Your program includes…
- one-on-one coaching with a 6 month commitment
- two 50-minute sessions per month (either in person or on the phone)
- e-mail support between sessions
- recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare
- coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want
- simple but informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge
- access to my weekly blog with the latest health tips and recipes
- my personal commitment to your health and success
To decide if health coaching is right for you, I invite you to schedule a free initial consultation with me. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.
- Group coaching
- Health and Optimism Teaching
- Group Cooking Classes for beginner cooks 🙂
Mannafold Blessings In Health also bakes and sells Homemade Granola in the following flavors: (all are also available in Gluten Free)
- Crunchy Honey Granola
- Maple Cinnamon Granola
- Chewy Molasses Granola
- Pumpkin Flax Seed Granola
- Toasted Coconut Chia Granola
If you would like to place an order, please send an email to email@example.com and let me know your name, shipping address, phone number and how many bags you want. Prices and weight vary depending on the flavor you choose, but they come in a full quart size Ziploc bag. They can be shipped anywhere in the United States. Shipping costs will be included in the total price.
L’Chaim! (Hebrew for “to LIFE!”)