You might be wondering why the dish above is empty… That’s because these sweet potatoes were so yummy I didn’t get a picture before I ate them! 😀 Ha! But it’s a super simple recipe with 4 ingredients!
5-6 medium sweet potatoes
1 TBSP butter
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more if desired)
Wash the sweet potatoes, cut out bad spots & cut the ends off a little. Prick each tator with a fork in several different places. Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees for an hour or hour & a half. Take them out and unwrap to poke with a knife and see if they are cooked through.
Peel the sweet potatoes while warm, then place in a bowl and mash with a fork or with the hand mixer. Add the butter, salt and cinnamon. Blend well.
Next: Peel 4 small white potatoes and chop them into smaller pieces. Cook them till they are soft. Mix them with the sweet potatoes and blend with a hand mixer till smooth. You can add some butter and a sprinkle (very small amount!) of garlic salt for taste and blend it in.
YUMMY! I almost like these better than the plain sweet potatoes with lime and cilantro recipe! 😀
3 medium sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup fresh rosemary
1/2 tablespoon caraway seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Scrub sweet potatoes under running water and cut into big chunks.
3. Place sweet potatoes in a baking dish and coat with oil.
4. Add rosemary and caraway seeds.
5. Mix all ingredients together.
6. Cover and bake for 50 minutes.
• Rosemary and caraway seeds can be substituted with cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or 1 tablespoon of ground cumin and a couple dashes of cayenne pepper.