Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yields: 10 people
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine sunflower, sesame and poppy seeds in a blender. Blend until combined.
3. Add oil and maple syrup, blend again until mixture resembles dough.
4. Roll dough into several long pieces and place them on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 people
1 cup millet
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3 cups water
Pinch of sea salt
1. Wash and drain millet.
2. Dry-roast sunflower seeds in a skillet over medium heat until they smell nutty, approximately 4 minutes.
3. Bring water to boil and add millet and seeds.
4. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. When done, fluff and let sit for 10 minutes. Mix, serve and enjoy.
• If millet is too dry for you, add more water when cooking. Or add a tablespoon of olive oil when it is done.