In a large saucepan, cook on medium heat for 20 minutes until tender. Then add –
1 TBSP olive oil
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 & 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 pint (2 cups) black beans, drained and rinsed (or you can use one can of store canned black beans)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1 & 1/2 tsp dried onion flakes (or fresh onion chopped in an amount of your choice)
Mix all together and cook until hot. Serve 1) in tortillas with your favorite burrito toppings, 2) mix with one can of warmed re-fried beans and eat with chips as a dip or 3) on top a salad like the picture below! #somanypossibilities
1 cup brown basmati rice
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Rinse rice in fine mesh strainer until water runs clear.
2. Boil water in a sauce pan. Add rice and salt. Cover and reduce heat.
3. After 15 minutes add cranberries and walnuts on top, do not stir.
4. Cook 15-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
5. Remove from heat, add parsley and fluff with fork.
6. Cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes then serve.