Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 3 people
3 cups water or stock
1 cup polenta
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Bring water or stock to boil.
2. Add polenta and salt, stirring gently.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep polenta from sticking to bottom of pot.
4. Polenta is done cooking when the grains are soft to taste and most of the water is absorbed.
• Try grilling or frying polenta. Pour it into a baking dish and let it chill in the fridge for one hour. When it has solidified, slice it into triangles and fry in a hot pan with a little olive oil, or brush with oil and grill for 2 minutes on each side. Try it topped with pesto or marinara.