Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Yields: 3 people
5 stalks of bok choy, chopped
1 granny smith apple, sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup alfalfa sprouts (optional)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
2 teaspoons honey or brown rice syrup
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Prepare dressing in a bowl or shaker container and mix well.
3. Pour dressing over salad.
4. Eat immediately. If you are going to serve the salad later on, add the apples just before serving to prevent them from browning.
• Try cabbage instead of bok choy or carrot slices instead of onion.
• Add fresh herbs such as cilantro, parsley, mint or scallions.
• Double the dressing ingredients and use on leftover grains