Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 people
1 large purple turnip, washed, diced into 1/2″ cubes w/ skin
1/2 acorn squash, washed, seeded, diced into 1/2″ cubes w/ skin
1/2 small butternut squash, washed, seeded, diced into 1/2″ cubes w/ skin
2 tbs. grapeseed or canola oil (for baking)
1/2 head of kale, sliced paper thin crosswise
1/2 head of Lacinto Kale, sliced paper thin crosswise
1 tbs. each, raw pumpkin seeds, ground flax seeds, crushed pecans
2 tbs. dried cranberries
1 tbs. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 carrots, diced small
sea salt and pepper to taste
gomasio for flavor (optional)
2 tbs first cold pressed EV olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the diced turnip, acorn and butternut squash in a large baking tray.
3. Cover with 1-2 tbs. of grapeseed oil, mix until coated and top with sea salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, checking and turning over halfway through. When the veggies are baked, place them in a large bowl and add all of the other ingredients, mix well making sure everything is coated with the fresh olive oil.
5. Add sea salt, gomasio and pepper to taste and serve warm.
Recipe Courtesy of Amanda Andruzzi