Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Yields: 4 people
2 hearts of romaine lettuce
2 fresh oranges and/or grapefruits
2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup roasted almonds, slivered
1. Wash and chop lettuce and place into large bowl.
2. Cut off skin from oranges and/or grapefruits by cutting off top half, remove skin in strips, working all the way around the fruit from top to bottom. Cut along the side of the membrane to remove the sections of the citrus fruit.
3. Combine brown rice syrup with vinegar and stream in extra-virgin olive oil, stirring constantly.
4. Pour dressing over the lettuce, season with sea salt and pepper and toss.
5. Serve on individual plates; lay fruit on top of lettuce and garnish with almonds.