Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 people
1 cup brown basmati rice
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Rinse rice in fine mesh strainer until water runs clear.
2. Boil water in a sauce pan. Add rice and salt. Cover and reduce heat.
3. After 15 minutes add cranberries and walnuts on top, do not stir.
4. Cook 15-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
5. Remove from heat, add parsley and fluff with fork.
6. Cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes then serve.