Hi everyone! Thanks so much for joining my blog. I trust you are blessed by the contents! Since the weather outside is (somewhat) frightful, our homes inside can be so delightful…. when we keep plugging away at those resolutions to exercise or keep fit!
Here is a list of a few suggestions for indoor exercises…
1) Jumping Jacks
2) Jogging in place
3) Planks- doing the side-to-side stretches, twists, mountain climbers etc.
4) Jumping with your jump rope
5) Walking up and down your stairs
7) Stretches- reaching to your toes from standing position, sitting on the floor and reaching side to side toward your toes.
8) Leap frog- (not like we used to do as children!) Jump/Side step two places to the right and bend at the knee slightly, reaching down and touching the floor and repeat going sideways to the left…
9) Use canned goods like soup or vegetables for weights as you do some of the above examples like jogging in place or jumping jacks
10) Dance to your favorite song making sure to get in some kicks forward and backward, swinging your arms side to side etc. It doesn’t need to be a dance that you know… just make it up as you go!
11) While cooking, do arm curls with small hand weights. Do push-ups against the counter.
12) While talking on the phone, stretch, march in place or take a walk.
Make activity a priority. Put exercise on top of your “to-do” list. Put it on your calendar and treat it like any other important activity.
Keeping yourself fit and active will prevent other health problems from popping up and will also give you a more positive view of yourself! Start out with 10 minutes of consistent exercise a day and work up from there. When doing this routine for 21 days, it will soon become a habit. Some habits are healthy… exercise is one of them!
I’m cheering you on! Thank you for keeping me accountable too! ~Coach Shannon
2 thoughts on “Wintertime Indoor Exercises”
Great ideas. Thanks!
Thanks for reading and commenting!