Once upon a time in a really close land, there was a nurse who wished for a nurse to help fix her chicken noodle soup, bring her cups of hot chicken broth or get her yet another Kleenex box. But there was only a 4 legged furry friend who stared in understanding that something…. just… wasn’t … quite… right. Cats are very intuitive and know things even when they don’t speak the human language!
This post has been delayed in getting sent due to fighting against some type of bug/virus. I am definitely on the mend, but wanted to share what is in my flu-bug arsenal that has helped me fight back.
- SLEEP- when our bodies do not get enough sleep as we run ourselves thither and yon to all the many appointments, work schedules, after school events, etc… Our immune system gets lower and lower and we become susceptible to the latest strain that is floating around.
- WATER- drinking more water than you usually do can help flush out bacteria as well as hydrate your skin, sinuses and mouth.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil– I put a few drops in the shower last night and breathed in the hot steamy aroma to help clear my sinuses.
- UNKERS– This contains All Natural Botanical Oils – Eucalyptus, Wintergreen, Pine Needle, and Camphor. Menthol Crystals in a snow white pharmaceutical grade petrolatum base. I use this instead of Vicks because it has more natural ingredients in it. I have been rubbing it on the bottom of my feet to reduce coughing, then put on cotton socks. It really helped me last night! It’s also good to rub on your chest and put a small smear on your sinuses. Inhale deeply and you will be clear in no time
- ALJ by Nature’s Sunshine– This is a capsule that has a proprietary blend of Boneset Aerial Parts, Fennel Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Horseradish Root extract and Mullein Leaves Extract. These fight for a healthy respiratory system.
- SINUS SUPPORT by Nature’s Sunshine– It contains burdock root, synephrine (immature orange peel), capsicum fruit, golden seal root, parsley herb, horehound herb, althea root and yerba santa herb. This combination contains natural trace amounts of magnesium, potassium, silicon and zinc plus vitamins A and C, and thiamine.
- Organic Echinacea Plus herbal tea– This has Organic Echinacea purpurea herb, Organic Echinacea purpurea root dry extract, Organic Echinacea angustifolia herb, a proprietary blend of Organic West Indian lemongrass leaf and Organic spearmint leaf.
- Activate-C Immune Complex- that has Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin E, Astragalus Berry extract and Aronia Berry extract. Astragalus is an ancient traditional Chinese herb that supports the immune system. The Aronia Berry extract is taken from the black chokeberry and has extremely high antioxidant levels.
I highlighted several of the ingredients so you can research them on your own. All of them support and boost the immune system.
And before I forget, let me add that getting enough sleep and water is crucial to boosting your immune system 😀
Now, I think I will go fill my water cup and go back to bed…
Please share below some of the different things you use to fight the cold/flu bugs.
- Mountain Herbs
- Nature’s Sunshine
One thought on “Once upon a sick day”
Last time I had a bad cough and scratchy throat I took Chestal honey by Boiron cough medicine. It’s homeopathic and can be taken every 2 hours and it stopped the cough, it was great! Also a friend brought me some lemon cubes she had made by pulverizing whole lemons and then freezing them in ice cube trays .She told me to put them into a cup of hot water, add some honey, and drink it…seeds and all. It soothed my throat like nothing else, I really grew to love it!